Cranshaws is a truly ‘hill’ church, with regular services on 1st & 3rd Sundays at 11.30am. On these Sundays we are a small, informal gathering, using a fairly traditional format with good refreshments. Music is usually from organ, guitar and trombone. Bigger events take place at Easter, Christmas, Harvest etc.
For more information contact the Secretary, Beth, Duns Church Office: 01361 884502, email@example.com, or from Bill or Alison Landale: 01361 890242. The minister of the Charge is the Rev. Andrew J. Robertson.
Cranshaws Kirk is Category A listed building. First mentioned in 1275, and possibly dedicated to St Ninian, the 1739 church was rebuilt in 1899 by architect George Fortune in Romanesque Revival style. A detailed description of the architecture can be found here.
It contains royal coat-of-arms of 1471-1500, installed opposite the pulpit by James VI (1566-1625).